Friday, July 13, 2012

Chia! Not just a plant.


I'm really digging these Chia Seeds in my breakfast. Chia Seeds are kindof like Flax Seeds. 



They have a ton of fiber (twice as much as flax), and a lot of protein. Two things I value in my diet. Plus, you don't have to grind them up like flax seeds and you can use them to make a simple gel pudding or as an egg replacement. I can't wait to try that. It's only 1 tbsp Chia Seeds and 3 tbsp water and you can use that instead of one egg. 


I like them in my cereal because they form a slight gel around their shell when they are wet and fill me up more. It doesn't change the texture or taste of my cereal. People also like to drink them in lemonade. Final word about Chia Seeds. They've been known to help your complexion. Here's to hoping.


No comments: