Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Eggplant Curry

Curries are one of my favorite recipes to make because they are so easy but can make me feel so fancy so I was excited to see that eggplant is a good vegetable to put in one. I prefer red curry with tofu, red pepper and mushrooms. This one is a little different.

1 block of tofu
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 large eggplant cubed
1 chopped red pepper
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground lemongrass
1 can Coconut Milk
2 tbsp red curry paste
2 tbsp chopped basil


First I prepared the tofu like I did before by slicing it and browning it on low heat (3-4). I still have not mastered this and I feel like it takes me forever to brown it. 


Once it is browned, using the same heat temperature I add the sesame seed oil, eggplant, red peppers, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass and saute it.

After a quick saute, I add my can of coconut milk, the red curry paste and bring it to a boil. Once that has combined and turned red, I then add my tofu and basil.



I have to say that this has been one of my best attempts at a curry. I put it over some rice and had a super awesome lunch at work.

No comments: