Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day Off!

So today is my fantastic day off. I spent my morning being pretty lazy and watched a movie while eating my power breakfast. My power breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It is simply grape nuts, some Bob's Honey Granola, a piece of fruit cut up and a spoonful of sunflower seed butter. One day I'll post a picture but I keep forgetting because I get so excited about eating it. I did also decide to experiment with making a Seaweed Salad. Since I'm staying in Oakland watching my friends dog, I have to take a new bus to work and it goes right through Chinatown so I decided to stop and check out the seaweed selection.

I found a bag of dried and stringy seaweed in a corner store for a dollar and decided I should give it a try. I have no clue what kind it is since I can't read chinese but it looked like it would work and was such a small investment. Next I got home and put my seaweed in some water to hydrate it. After it was soft, I put enough for me to eat in a small mason jar. I would say approximately 2 cups of seaweed. The rest I kept to the bare minimum.



2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame seed oil
Black sesame seeds for garnish (I ran out of my tan ones)

Considering the seaweed smelled like the bottom of a lake before I added the other ingredients, I was pleasantly surprised by the final product. I added everything, shook it up in my mason jar and had it for lunch an hour later.


No comments: